What has been changed recently? Check out the Release notes.
PIMS is easy to install on Windows, OSX, or Linux. Its dependencies are:
For basic image reading one of the following is required:
For ipython display of images the following are required:
Depending on what file formats you want to read, you will also need:
- ffmpeg and PyAV (video formats such as AVI, MOV)
- jpype (interface with bioformats to support many microscopy formats)
- Pillow (improved TIFF support)
- libtiff (alternative TIFF support)
- tifffile (alterative TIFF support)
- imageio (a multi-purpose reader package that reads and writes many formats)
- moviepy (a Python module that supports video editing)
- pims_nd2 (improved Nikon .nd2 support)
To get started with Python on any platform, download and install Anaconda. It comes with the common scientific Python packages built in.
conda install -c conda-forge pims
The above installs the latest stable release. Finally, to try it out, type:
To install the version under active development, with the latest tested code, install directly from github.
conda install pip pip install https://github.com/soft-matter/pims/archive/master.zip
PIMS can also be installed using pip.
pip install pims
If you plan to edit the code, you can install PIMS manually.
git clone https://github.com/soft-matter/pims cd pims python setup.py develop